This and that.


Bought a couple of  Samosas at Whole Foods Market today.  Utterly delicious.   

-----------------------------------------------------------------



Saw some decently priced caps at my local Publix today.  I bought one since my Bergen, Norway cap was in poor shape,

The young man at the check out had no idea of the meaning of SRQ, so he asked me.

It's simple.  At one time the identification letters for our Sarasota Airport  were simply SR.  When it was decided that airports should be identified by three letters the Q was arbitrarily added to Sarasota , just as the Los Angeles Airport's LA was made into LAX,

SRQ has become a shorthand reference to the the City as well as to the official F.A.A airport name.  

Zion was not overjoyed to wear my new cap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"