Brought joy to my heart, and lifted my spirits.






My good neighbour Barbara B and I meet every ten days or so for an early morning coffee at our nearest Starbucks.

We did so this morning.  On my drive home I tuned into NPR news, but wearied by the chatter I switched over to our local Classical Music Station, WSMR.


I was enchanted by the choral music I heard. Maybe I'd heard it before, but I can't remember having done so.


It was the Sanctus from the Requiem
by Maurice DuruflĂ©  (1902-1986).

This morning my heart was filled with joy and my spirits were lifted.


Such bliss in the car.



https://youtu.be/3q2wy_oQXzw


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"