Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can.

Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can.

If I were to identify some of the characteristics of my soul, patience would not be at the top of the list.

I would describe my chief characteristics as "anxious", and "worrisome".

But I have learned to be patient.  That learning is rooted in the very many flights I have taken in which things have gone wrong, leading to endless delays at various airports, and several diversions of my flights in progress.

Each time I have been comforted by this thought: "you have never NOT gotten home, so relax and stop fretting".    That's a learned patience.
-----------------------------------------------

I took my car to the local car-wash the other day.  The world and her husband had the same idea.  So I had to wait, and wait, and wait for my car to be washed and detailed.

When all was done the car wash manager said "thanks for your patience".

I responded "I was not truly patient, but I faked it".

Faking patience can lead me to become truly patient!

--------------------------------------------

Thus it was at my nuclear stress test this morning.  There was a lot of "hanging around" and waiting.

There was a forty-five minute long "rest period"  after one of my veins had been injected with some nuclear fluid or other,

Twice I had to lie down and be motionless for ten minutes at a time whilst the "camera" scanned and photographed my heart.

The whole procedure took two and a half hours, but dammit-all, I did not fret, I did not fume.  This was because I had decided to be patient.

Despite my anxiety (see yesterday's blog), all went well, (which leads me to express my embarrassment about being anxious).

---------------------------------------------------------

BUT NOW I need a fresh supply of learned patience for I have not heard from the Cardiologist. In truth I have yet to meet her.

I wonder:  "is my heart about to break?";  "will it break out into a joyous rendition of 'hearts and flowers'?"; or has this been "much ado about nothing?".

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.   I will take my rest and be patient until she calls me tomorrow.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"